Cloth pads are an earth- and body-friendly alternative to wasteful, often chemical-laden disposable pads. Snap into your underwear, let your parts breathe again, and feel good about your zero-waste period! These cloth pads are made with an organic cotton topper; hemp and organic cotton fleece absorbent layers; and a water-repellent Windpro fleece backer that will keep you free from leaks.
Handmade by Rabbit Bear Co.
Available in 3 sizes that also correspond to absorbency:
You might also be interested in these other products:
Or check out our Zero Waste Period Kit!
- Machine or hand wash cold with a fragrance-free detergent.
- If you are concerned about staining, apply a fragrance-free stain remover before washing.
- Tumble dry on low heat or hang to dry, preferably in the sun.
- Do not store until fully dry.
Storing Used Pads: Dry Method
- Store used pads (unrinsed) in a laundry bag with some air flow.
- Wash used pads when needed.
- Do not keep pads unwashed for more than a few days to prevent staining.
- Easiest method of storing pads!
Storing Used Pads: Wet Method
- Rinse pad in cold water after use (optional).
- Store used pad in plastic or glass container of cold water. Change water daily until you wash pads. You can include a cleaning agent like an enzyme cleaner, vinegar, or hydrogen peroxide to prevent staining.
- Requires more effort than the dry method, but better at preventing stains!
Single-Use menstrual pads or tampons
The top two layers (organic cotton topper and organic cotton + hemp absorbent layers) can be cut from the pads at end of life and compost those. However, the Windpro Fleece backer is a synthetic polyester based material and can neither be recycled nor composted. The Fleece backer is what makes them worry-free and leakproof.